“I’m really setting this album to be possibly the pinnacle album of my career,” Rick Ross expressed earlier this year in an interview. With two mixtapes Black Dollar and Renzel Remixes under his belt this year, Rozay finally drops Black Market and has features galore including Nas, Mariah Carey, John Legend, Future, and Chris Brown. Stream the album below.
Rick Ross is back with a new CalvoDaGr8-produced single called “One of Us” featuring Nas. Set to appear on his new album, Black Market, out on Dec 4, he announced that features on the album will also include Mariah Carey, Chris Brown, and Future. Listen to the new cut below.
Celebrities & Hip Hop react to B.B. King‘s death. (Read More)
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian will renew their vows in Paris. (Read More)
Mobb Deep is releasing a “Survival Of The Fittest” remix for the NBA playoffs. (Read More)
The Toronto Raptors will wear Drake-inspired alternate uniforms next season. (Read More)
Omarion breaks Mariah Carey by scoring his first No. 1 on the Mainstream R&B/Hip-Hop airplay chart in nearly a decade (Read More)
Fredo Santana signed an 8 year old to his label, SSR. (Read More)
The tracklist for Kendrick Lamar‘s upcoming album, To Pimp a Butterfly, has been released. (Read More)
Madonna on dating Tupac: “He got me all riled up about life in general.” (Read More)
Jay Z is now officially the owner of Swedish music streaming company Tidal and WiMP. (Read More)
Robin Thicke and Pharrell plan to appeal the $7.3 million “Blurred Lines” verdict. (Read More)
Mariah Carey signed a new deal with Epic Records. (Read More)
Suge Knight claims he’s legally blind in his left eye. (Read More)
Nicki Minaj disses IHOP on Twitter after company tweets Rae Sremmurd lyrics.
Sit dat ass down pls sir/ma’am > RT “@IHOP: I ain’t got no type. Pancakes are the only thing that I like.”
— NICKI MINAJ (@NICKIMINAJ) March 11, 2015
Did you know?…
260. Nas listed his daughter, Destiny, as the executive producer on Stillmatic so that she’ll always receive royalty checks from the album. 1
259. YG had a song with Bone Thugs-n-Harmony on My Krazy Life, but it didn’t make the final cut. 2
258. Cam’ron wrote Lil’ Kim’s “Crush on You.” 3
257. Ty Dolla $ign knows how to play all instruments except for brass. His favorite is bass. 4
256. Danny Brown never learned how to drive a car. 5
255. Memphis Bleek didn’t like Jay Z’s shout out on the “Diamonds” (Remix). “I don’t like that line ’cause that line put a stamp on my career, like I look at people looking at me like [Jay] is just taking care of me and I’m just chilling and I’m not working,” says Bleek. 6
254. Iggy Azalea liked The Nanny’s style so much that her grandmother would make her leopard skin dresses similar to Fran Drescher’s character on her sewing machine. 7
253. Mariah Carey made her TV debut on The Arsenio Hall Show.
252. Swizz Beatz is a painter and creates, shows, and sells work. 8
251. Heavy D’s “Nuttin’ But Love” was the first rap video to feature models in it. 9
Love has been terribly unkind to Eminem over the years. Read on to discover the evolution of Eminem’s most honest and personal songs about love and heartbreak over the past few decades.
The Game of Love
In his early days, Em touched on relationships and breakups with these two songs from his first solo effort.
Eminem feat. Eye-Kyu – “Searchin’” (Infinite, 1996)
The only true Hip Hop love song of his career features a 24-year-old Em romantically gushing, “I got some game that I’m preparing to run/The way your lips sparkle and glare in the sun.” This is a rare gem that doesn’t result in anguish or violence.
Eminem – “Jealousy Woes II” (Infinite, 1996)
Em vents about a money-hungry girl who leaves him for another man. “Leaving me in sorrow, Brandy never felt so brokenhearted/I fell apart when you departed,” he vents.
Listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATL6FCtvDpc
Did you know?…
50. Lupe “Fiasco” is a reference to The Firm song “Firm Fiasco.” He also “liked the way it looked on paper.” 1
49. Big Boi (of Outkast) starts working on albums on Martin Luther King Day. 2
48. A$AP Rocky was named after Hip Hop legend Rakim. His government name is Rakim Mayers. 3
47. Kendrick Lamar enjoys watching Martin and eating Fruity Pebbles.
46. Kanye West met Japanese artist Takashi Murakami after asking to view his Hiropon statue (an anime character with huge breasts) in person. They met at Murakami’s studio in Roppongi Hills and decided to collaborate. He created the art work for Kanye’s 2007 Graduation album and directed the “Good Morning” video. 4 5
45. The Notorious B.I.G. was supposed to attend a Soul Train Awards after party with friend, Shaquille O’ Neal, the night he was fatally shot. O’Neal was ready to go, but fell asleep before meeting up with the legendary rapper. “I just fell asleep. I woke up about 4 o’clock from a call from my mother,” Shaq added. “She said ‘Did you go to the party?’ I’m like, ‘No, what’re you talking about?’ She said, ‘You know, your friend was shot and killed.’ And I was like, ‘What?’ So then I hung up with her and called some people, and they told me what had happened.” Shaq wonders if he could have prevented the incident somehow. 6
44. Dr. Dre originally wanted to title his Chronic 2001 album Chronic 2000, but was forced to change it because Suge Knight had already released a compilation album with the same name. 7
43. One of Mariah Carey’s favorite movies is Mean Girls. Her song “Obsessed” and its video reference the film. 8
42. Ne-Yo wrote Beyonce’s “Irreplacable” and Rihanna’s “Unfaithful” and “Take a Bow.” 9
41. DJ Jazzy Jeff lives in Bear, Delaware. He says,“I had a friend who moved to Delaware a long time ago. I would visit, and we’d all go shopping. As you get older, you start to pay attention to your surroundings a little more. In Delaware, the real estate is much more reasonable. Usually the athletes and people in Philly end up moving to Jersey, but Delaware has much lower taxes, which is a deal-maker.” 10