R&B star John Legend and one of Hip Hop’s current favorites, Chance The Rapper, come together to grace their listeners with a melodious new track “Penthouse Floor.” Chance drops another solid verse with his trademark imaginative flow as John Legend croons picturesque lyrics over funky bass and strings.
Listen to the song, which will be available on Legend’s new album, Darkness and Light, due out December 2 below.
470. The art on Chance the Rapper‘s Coloring Book is a photo of him looking down at his daughter. He wanted the cover to depict “the future being bigger than himself.” (via)
469. Growing up, Anderson Paak used to recite Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg lyrics for show & tell & would often get in trouble for beatboxing in class. (via)
468. R.Kelly planned to collaborate with Tupac on an album before doing Best of Both Worlds with Jay Z. (via)
467. J. Cole snuck into LA Reid‘s son’s My Super Sweet Sixteen party hoping to get exposure as an artist & made an appearance in the episode. (via)
466. Pusha T held the the first-ever live music event at Calipatria State Prison. (via)
465. YG didn’t rap on “Thank God” due to being arrested on the prior song “1 AM.” The 1st verse by Big TC (Ty Dolla $ign’s brother) was recorded in actual prison. (via)
464. Pharrell‘s “Can I Have It Like That” was originally for Puff Daddy & “there was a couple of guys kinda fightin’ over it,” according to P. (via)
463. Rick Rubin has known Dr. Dre since he met N.W.A. while they were recording Straight Outta Compton, and Eminem‘s “Rap God” marked the first time they worked together. (via)
462. While she was in prison, Oprah sent Lil’ Kim three of her favorite books “for inspiration and motivation.” (via)
461. Some of Frank Ocean‘s favorite movies include A Clockwork Orange, Taxi Driver, Django, Alien, Spartacus, Psycho, ATL & Eraser Head. (via)
After stealing the show from Kanye West on the Gospel-inspired “Ultralight Beam,” Chance the Rapper picks up right where he left off. Coloring Book is a glorious project filled with uplifting lyrics and downright positivity that is often overlooked in Hip Hop’s landscape. Featuring Ye, Justin Bieber, Kirk Franklin, Lil’ Wayne and Lil’ Yachty, the album has already being praised for being celebratory and colorful. Listen to the entire project via AudioMack below.
As a teen poet who did most of her writing at Harold Washington Library, Chicago rapper Noname Gypsy bumped into the then unknown Chance the Rapper. Now in her early 20s, she has been making waves appearing on Chance’s Acid Rap and Surf. Listen to her latest heartfelt track “Open Apology” with Saba below.
Listen and download the new collaborative mixtape from Chance the Rapper and Lil’ B. Chance recently referred to the 6 track mixtape as a “masterpiece” and a “classic.” Listen to Free Based Freestyles below.
Lil B & Chance The Rapper – Free Based Freestyles
Watch Oakland’s Kehlani and Chicago’s Chance The Rapper‘s new video for “The Way.” The dance moves in the black and white work perfectly complement the sexy track off of her You Should Be Here album, which dropped earlier this year. Enjoy below.
Surprise. Chance the Rapper‘s new project with Donnie Trumpet and The Social Experiment, Surf, is available to stream and on iTunes now. Features include Big Sean, J. Cole, Busta Rhymes, Raury and more. Stream the entire album below and download free here.
430. Kid Cudi‘s “Maniac” and “Marijuana” videos were directed by Shia Labeouf. 1
429. Before he was president, Vic Mensa ran through Obama‘s backyard trying to escape the cops due to writing graffiti.2
428. Big Sean started writing “Win Some or Lose Some” in 2012. (3:50 mark)
427. Chance The Rapper got his Madonna collaboration after being recommended by Jay Z. 3
426. ScHoolboy Q hates ketchup.4
425. Will Smith introduced Afeni Shakur and Voletta Wallace, Tupac and Biggie‘s moms, for the first time at the 1999 VMAs.5
424. Epic wanted Ghostface Killah to add two more verses to “Cherchez La Ghost.” 6
423. Juvenile wanted to sign Young Buck to Cash Money, but had no interest in Lloyd Banks.7
422. Action Bronson was once in a tampon commercial. (0:10 mark)
421. Prodigy and Havoc (of Mobb Deep) were introduced to each other in the lunchroom at the High School of Art and Design in Manhattan when they were 15.8
Kendrick Lamar was honored by a California Senator w/a Generation Icon award for his numerous donations & contributions to the Compton Unified School District and community as a whole. (Read More)
Kanye West and Vic Mensa surprised high schoolers at Chance the Rapper‘s “Open Mike” event. (Read More)
Chris Rock, Alicia Keys and Lenny Kravitz will guest star on Empire‘s second season, and Ne-Yo will join executive music producer Timbaland to write music. (Read More)
Gucci Mane penned a letter to his fans on the 10 year anniversary of Trap House. (Read More)
50 Cent‘s crew was accused of robbing $250,000 worth of jewelry in Las Vegas. 50 also accused Diddy of stealing his concept for his 3AM cologne ad. (Read More)
The 58th Grammys will has its first-ever Monday telecast next year. (Read More)
Jay Z announced a concert for Tidal members featuring only his B-Side tracks. (Read More)
Lil’ B claims hotel staff stole $10,000 from his room. (Read More)
Instagram will be launching a platform dedicated to music. (Read More)
Chance The Rapper says Surf will drop in less than a week and was spotted with Kanye West. (Read More)
Meek Mill shared his scars and experience with police brutality. (Read More)
Common joined the cast of Barbershop 3. (Read More)
Travi$ Scott and Pell crashed a college party. (Read More)
It appears Amber Rose is now dating Machine Gun Kelly. (Read More)