After 2 years of writing, Danny Brown is back with his latest effort, Atrocity Exhibition (named after Joy Division‘s album by the same name). The project’s early trademark is its out of the box production concocted by Alchemist, Petit Noir and Black Milk. Sonically inspired by bands like System of a Down and Talking Heads it also boasts appearances by Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, Earl Sweatshirt, and B-Real. Listen below via Spotify.
Enjoy a taste of rapper Saga‘s Saga Ghanoush. The Brooklyn MC raps over seven of Alchemist‘s beats from his Israeli Salad instrumental album. Released last week, the 20-track project was well-received and strictly sampled middle-eastern source material.
Listen to the collaborative album between producers The Alchemist & Oh No called Welcome To Los Santos inspired by Grand Theft Auto V on NPR. The eclectic album features Danny Brown, Earl Sweatshirt, Freddie Gibbs, Killer Mike and more.
Check out the latest track from Gangrene‘s Welcome To Los Santos dropping April 21. “Lock & Load” by MNDR and Killer Mike is an ethereal contrast of aggressive lyrics over soft snyths and background vocals. Click play to enjoy the utterly unique experience.
Following the release of Action Bronson‘s Mr. Wonderful and Earl Sweatshirt‘s I Don’t Like Shit, I Don’t Go Outside, the two collab on new track “Warlord Leather” produced by Alchemist.
Dame Dash reveals Jay Z may have an affiliation with informants. (Read More)
Kanye West reveals ridiculously steep Adidas clothing prices. (Read More)
Method Man‘s says Once Upon a Time in Shaolin release in 88 years is stupid and RZA responds via Twitter. (Read More)
Mobb Deep will be coming out with a new album produced entirely by Alchemist. (Read More)
Boosie Badazz knocked out at recent concert. (Read More)
Ludacris is a proud father-to-be. (Read More)
Stream or download The Boondocks Mixtape brought to you by DJ Drama, Don Cannon and Trendsetter Sense here:
01 Killer Mike: “Boonies” (produced by The Alchemist)
02 Troy Ave: “Blanco” (produced by DJ Uneek)
03 Two-9: “Fat Toney” [ft. Reese] (produced by Chuck Inglish)
04 Earthgang: “Pascals” (produced by Unique Weirdooo)
05 Wara: “Slangin” (produced by Wara)
06 Chevy Woods: “Know Shit” [ft. Roscoe Dash] (produced by Roscoe Dash)
07 Reese: “Rileys Theme” (produced by Slade Da Monsta)
08 Anik Khan: “Stunt 101” (produced by Mr Incredible)
09 Skeme: “Paint A Picture” (produced by Sean Momberger)
10 Michael Christmas: “Sometimes” (produced by Teddy Roxpin)
11 Jon Connor: “The City” (produced by DJ Khalil)
12 Charlie Red: “Greengreed” (produced by Charlie Red)
13 Lil Herb: “Whatchu Get” (produced by J Herd)
14 Childish Major: “Same Ole Sh*t” [ft. Smoke DZA & Matik Estada] (produced by Childish Major)
15 Sean Falyon: “Famous” (produced by Bah)
16 Tuki Carter: “Talkin Now” (produced by The Flush)
17 Problem: “Keep It Real” [ft. Badd Lucc & Casha] (produced by Los)
18 M Pulse: “Ed Wuncler” (produced by Keef Boyd & Lyle Leduff)
Listen to the Killer Mike‘s “The Boonies” produced by Alchemist from The Boondocks mixtape due April 16.
Did you know?…
230. Wiz Khalifa admits he fell asleep during Taylor Swift’s 2014 Grammy performance. 1
229. Rick Ross likes to visit the Louis Vuitton store at the Lenox mall when he is visiting Atlanta. 2
228. Pharrell wrote and rejected 9 anthems before finally deciding on “Happy.” 3
227. Nas never listens to Illmatic.
226. While visiting Australia, Snoop smoked so much weed that the fire department showed up when the smoke detectors went off. The star-struck firefighters asked for a photo. 4
225. ScHoolboy Q’s only credit on Kendrick Lamar’s Good kid, m.A.A.d city is the handwriting on the cover. Notice his trademark capital “H.” 5
224. Kelis graduated from the esteemed Le Cordon Bleu culinary school and has her own “Feast” sauce line that she introduced at the Beverly Hills Food & Wine Festival. 6
223. King Chip is almost “full-blown vegan” and enjoys Veggie Grill. 7
222. Earl Sweatshirt’s “Uncle Al” originally featured Alchemist rapping. 8
221. Daft Punk were actually unmasked in the audience during the 2014 Grammys while two decoys dressed as the robots. 9
6. [Vibe Magazine http://www.vibe.com/article/kelis-debuts-new-sauce-line-feast]↩
7. [King Chip’s Twitter https://twitter.com/peta/status/421381327791722497]↩